Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to be a “King” for a day? Or maybe a “Queen” for a night? Well your opportunity has arrived. Friday night at Penguicon there will be a Drag Show. So come on join us and get transformed. If you have any questions or need more information about the show please contact firstname.lastname@example.org |
This year we will be doing this as a charity raising event. We are asking that the performers donate their tips they receive from the audience. All money collected will given to Affirmations, a wonderful LGBT center in Ferndale, MI. Also, donations of clothing will be accepted for use during the show. Any clothing left over will be also donated to Affirmations. www.goaffirmations.org
Prior to the show there will also be a workshop starting at 8pm where there will people to help you get ready for the show.
These are a few things that you should have in preparation for the show:
1. 2 or 3 songs that you may want to perform. Please bring these on a CD and pre-edited to be within 3 to 5 minutes. (I suggest so many just in case someone else picks the same song as you or if we can you may get to perform twice.)
2. 1 or 2 outfits that you would feel comfortable enough to perform in. Accessories to help finish off your outfit. (We have been collecting donation clothes but the supply of those are limited.)
Below are some things that will be on hand but if you wanted to bring your own that would be greatly appreciated as well.
1. A hairstyle that will reflect your transformation. (Women something that will look masculine when done. Men a wig or a way to do your natural hair that will look feminine.)
2. A crème based foundation that matches your natural skin tone.
3. A powder that matches your natural skin tone.
4. A powder that is 2 to 3 shades darker than your natural skin tine.
5. A powder that is 2 to 3 shades lighter than your natural skin tone.
6. White eye shadow
7. Eyeliner (Men a color that will compliment your eye shadow choices and women a color that will compliment your hair as it can be used as facial hair)
8. A medium sized blush brush and a pressed powder puff.
Things that are specific for the woman to man transformation:
1. 2 Ace bandages of 4” width or greater. If you have a compression vest or something else that will help to bind down your breasts.
2. Crepe hair and spirit gum. There will be some of this available so if you can’t find it don’t fear.
Things that are specific for the man to woman transformation:
1. A dark eye shadow and a contrasting lighter colored eye shadow.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
=== Content courtesy of Amy Zrnich ===